Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

PHOTO: My Father’s Death Led Me IntoTrafficking Indian Hemp - 26-Yr-Old Student


26-year-old Ido-Ani, Kafayat Blessing
Ibrahim, an Ondo State-born lady engaged in
illicit drug business was paraded at the
premises of the National Drug Law
Enforcement Agency, Oyo State last Monday.
But it appeared she was not new to the
business as the Commander of the agency in
Oyo State, Mrs Omolade Faboyede revealed
that the suspect was an ex-convict who had
once served a prison term over drug
trafficking. Kafayat was paraded along with
three others namely Sunday Blessing, Abass
Adeyinka and Fatai Raheem.
According to the NDLEA commander, Kafayat
was once arrested on November 25, 2011 with
40kg of cannabis sativa.
She said the suspect was re-arrested on July
9, 2013 with 16kg of cannabis sativa.
Adeyinka who was described as a notorious
cocaine baron at Beere area of Ibadan, was
also caught with some grammes of cocaine.
The suspect was said to have been arrested
with others in 2010 with 26 grammes of
heroin and had since been on the watch list of
the agency.
In an interview with the female suspect, she
claimed that she started working as a
cannabis sativa courier as a result of her
father's death. She narrated: "I started trading
in Indian hemp in 2011 after my father died in
2010. I told my friend that I would withdraw
from Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo where I was
an Accounting student because I could no
longer pay my school fees. I gained admission
into the school in 2010.
"My friend invited me for a discussion where
she told me that she was a courier and used
to be paid well, advising that I should also
venture into it. I started working as a courier
since then. I used to carry bags of cannabis
sativa from Ilorin to Ogbomoso. I was not
based in particular place. Once I was called, I
would go and collect it and bring it to one Aro
whom I was working for.
"I was once arrested in Ogbomoso in 2011. I
was charged to court and sentenced to six
months imprisonment. I served at Agodi
prisons. I returned to the business when there
was nothing else for me to do. On my recent
arrest, I went to Ogbomoso from Ilorin as
usual but the next thing I saw was that
NDLEA officials came to arrest me where I was
standing. Aro promised to pay me N15,000.
"I take my arrest as my fate. I am not going
back to the courier business because I believe
that Aro deliberately gave me in to NDLEA. He
knew I had already said I was no longer
interested before he called me again."

0 comments:

Post a Comment